Thursday 20 October 2011

Reflection 2 : Globalizing HRIS

On Globalizing HRIS

Since Dr.Nur Naha said this chapter was contribute 80% in  final exam questions, it’s might for me to more focus on this chapter and assumed  that it was the interesting subject because this chapter was tell us about the globalization in HRIS.  After I print out the slide of this chapter and have read the article, totally I can’t imagine about this model. But, after I attend the tutor class, I got the explanation regard by the example from En.Zarir , it really make me sense about this chapter. In my mind, “why the companies were choose to use the HRIS model??”..But I kept it in deep of my heart…and the answer of that question was come by Dr.Nur Naha. She said that the companies now a day choose to use this model because of competitive forces. In competitive forces was happen because of:
1.      Local flexibility / differentiation (The need for responsiveness through local differentiation)
2.       Leveraging knowledge / sharing (The need for learning through leveraging worldwide innovation and knowledge sharing)
3.      Global efficiency (The need for efficiency through global integration)
The usage of this model can improve and share globalized about the HRIS and HRM task which is:
·         Multinational Model
·         Global Model
·         International Model
·         Transnational Model
The aspect that most anxiety and difficulty for me is the types of companies that why they choose to use the model because, it’s mostly of the models used for HRIS, so I got confused sometime is that company applied the model for HR or their product?. And after I got the explanation by Dr.Nur Naha and the article that she uploaded in eLearning was make me more understand well the function of the HRIS models.
In sum, I want our HRIS section 2 in the future was adding more example for the chapter talk about because by using explanation of examples it might make us more understand but not use the company’s product as the example because it make myself more confuse.

Reference:
Karen, B ., & Alfred, J . W. (2000). Globalizing HRIS: The New Transnational Model. IHRIM     Journal, 30-43.



No comments:

Post a Comment